September 2014

Most of the x86 fate clients i did run, where run as VMs on a aging 2 core Westmere/Clarkdale i5 @ 3.33ghz. As ive added more and more virtual machines and configurations and the list of tests done by fate increased over the last 3 years, the box started to show its age, over these 3 years 1 HDD nearly failed, 1 SSD failed in it and as the amount of tests run kept increasing the time between tests being repeated kept getting longer.
About a week ago i ordered a new box to replace it finally. To my surprise the shop (in germany) refused to ship the HDD&SSD to austria, after a few minutes research on the matter i learned that apparently austromechana threatens german shops who dont pay them a fee on storage media thats sold to someone in austria. I guess one could also say European union & free trade at its finest.

But back to the topic, most of my x86 fate clients now run on a shiny new 6 core haswell @4.3ghz + samsung SSD. So the affected clients should be alot faster now and there are also already more tests being run, ive changed many of my clients to test the 3 currently maintained release branches in addition to git master.
Also, if you have some platform that supports FFmpeg and isnt on fate.ffmpeg.org, and you want to help FFmpeg, please setup a fate client (See the fate documentation).